Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Word Balloons ceases publication

With the release of A Life in Comics it seems an appropriate time to draw a line under the publication of Word Balloons. It was not my intention from the outset to conclude its run here, but anyone who has been following the magazine’s trajectory will have seen that its frequency has slowed over the years. This is just the natural consequence of producing an work as labour of love. Eventually enthusiasm will run out. I had thought that perhaps at the end of producing the book I would feel energised and be enthusiastic about getting back into WB, but the opposite has been true, so I very much feel it is time to move on.

I would like to take this opportunity to thanks those readers and retailers who supported the venture. Copies are still available from the publisher, Minotaur or All Star, see note to right.

Philip Bentley